Tuesday, May 06, 2008

三島由紀夫 の宅急便!



After writing an essay about Kinkakuji (The Golden Pavilion) by Yukio Mishima, back in November, I was recently given a prize by the Japanese Embassy in Dublin. The award was a voucher for Kenny's Bookshop in Galway, who rather wonderfully have hunted down my (very obscure) choices - and the books are on their way as I type!

I think there are few pleasures greater than a new book. Perhaps this might explain why I'm so pathologically loath to crease spines, turn down page-corners, or write on them - I want to keep them as pristine as possible! My bookshelf looks like a bookshop. The only moth-eaten, dog-eared books I have are my rehearsal copies of plays I've directed. And they occupy a whole different category ;)

3 comments:

leila marie said...

I feel the same way friend!
Amen.

ichiaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ichiaye said...

I adore this photo Conor - beautiful.

I'm a terribly, terribly slow and inconsistent consumer of printed material. But I do have a few books that I treasure. Like a rehearsal copy of Macbeth, a role I've only studied (with you on one occasion) but never played (yet? - fingers crossed)