Thursday, January 06, 2011

Wild Card Wednesday - MUJI!










I already have a weird reputation for being too much a fan of Japanese stationery. Can you blame me though? Nobody, nobody does it better. (It's a lovely coincidence, in my view, that the words for 'paper' and 'god' are homonyms in Japanese...)

Of course, the best of the best stationery comes from Muji. Tokyu Hands may be the 'Creative Lifestyle' store - and their stuff, on just about every floor, is splendid also, but for my (substantial amounts of) money, Muji can't be beat. Their pens. Their notebooks. Their bags. Their kitchen utensils. Even their packaged food! The cardboard speakers, the spinning-cd wall-mounted cd-player. The list goes on and on - their bed linens, in fun stripes and humble jersey, are probably my favourites in the world. Keep your posh Egyptian ultra-high thread count cotton, I'll take a Muji nap any day.


No comments: