Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Foodie Friday - La Provence, Brentwood









After rehearsal earlier this week PK and I had dinner at La Provence in Brentwood, which was about the only choice available to us since we had the great and powerful poodle in tow. I got a really delicious Boeuf Bourgignon which was precisely what I needed after a long evening of killing nuns (in opera) and then treated myself and my flatmates to some of the patisserie's staggering array of jewel-coloured Macarons for dessert.

The salt-caramel offering was the most intriguing, and delicious, although there was rather too much salt and rather too much caramel. I suppose this just means that the whole thing was too intense?! Regardless, the rose, lavender, lemon and hazelnut ones were delicious also. So was the mini-baby-raspberry-custard-tart that was my actual dessert.

Try them out! La Provence is at Brentwood Gardens on San Vicente.

No comments: