Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Unproductive Wednesday

Today was a blow-out. Having been up until 7am for no good reason, I slept through my rollerblading lesson and missed most of the day.

In the afternoon I went on some errands (successfully accomplished, in Japanese - I'm starting to actually feel confident with this language. Slowly) and then returned my videos (on time! hah!) and other such banal things.

I had plans to write a whole scene of my play today and even learn some new kanji, but none of that happened. Instead I listened to lots of cool music and lamented my tattered life for 2 minutes. And then thought hey, I could be in Paris in a riot. Or any number of worse things. I could have bad plumbing and rats.

I'm going to have to buy a bigger iPod. The Shuffle, cute as it is, is no longer enough for me.

Argh, it's 4am and I have to be on a bus at 8.30 to go to a kimono museum tomorrow. What's worse, I will have to cut short the day trip because I am also supposed to be at another posh performance tomorrow evening, back in Tokyo. My friend Midori's brother is performing in Funa Benkei, a very famous play - and I really cannot miss it. Oh Noh...

Ooh, everyone should watch "Callas Forever". The story is a ludicrous fantasy rewriting of Callas' last days in Paris in 1977, but Zeffirelli's stagings of Carmen - with the remarkable Fanny Ardant - are gorgeous and worth the rental alone. Plus you get to hear that voice singing beautiful arias - not least "Casta Diva".

No comments: