Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wild Card Wednesday - Europe










I've spent a lot of time in the last month thinking rather wistfully about Ireland, Dublin and Europe in general. There is so much that I miss, and so much that I pretend is better than really it is, but regardless - I wonder where this year might take me. Part of me wants to take several months off after I finish the degree, whether to write or cook or meditate or even just sleep! I might travel somewhere wildly new, like Reykjavik or Buenos Aires, but really what gnaws at me most is how much I miss "l'esprit" in Europe. Los Angeles is wonderful, and fun, and I've met some truly remarkable souls here, but I wonder how long I'm meant to stay here.

Even if she is collapsing, Europe is calling....


2 comments:

Andromeda said...

Once a European, always a European..but Europe, as Derrida would argue, can be anywhere, everywhere. it is a way of being, not an actual location...

Conor said...

And thank heavens for that!