Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wild Card Wednesdays - Aphrodite

I just remembered that I'm going to the curiously double-named Aphrodite/Les Folies Kylie Minogue tour at the O2 in Dublin next month! CANNOT WAIT.

I have never been entirely enamoured of the stuff that Kylie does live. I really enjoyed the tour that was filmed 'Live in Sydney', but everything since then has been very over-done (William Baker, I'm talking to you - and if you're reading this, hire me and I'll make you better). BUT this newest show seems to be inspired by showgirls and follies and Esther Williams, and will be a return to happy shiny sparkly Kylie, as opposed to wannabe-relevant-dark-deep-Damien-Hirst-crystal-skull Kylie.

Also, I was very burned out by the Hollywood Bowl concert - venue too big, show to small - so I'm happy to see her perform on a bigger scale. MUCH bigger. And Perez Hilton won't be in the audience.

UPDATE (post show, I didn't cheat and check before!!)

LOOK AT THE MODEL FOR THE SHOW!



No comments: