Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Before 30 #4 - Cirque du Soleil













When I was first in LA in 2002, I bought a book of photographs by Veronique Vial, behind the scenes of Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio. It's been a big, big dream of mine ever since to go see it.


When my Dad and I visited Vegas last year, we went instead to the Beatles Show - fair enough, since it was something that we were both very eager to experience. And it's tremendous. But I still really wanted to see O.


And this weekend I did! Thanks to a great bargain I found on the internet (be clever, and resourceful, dear reader - I managed to find 40% discounts!) I managed to get seats in the 3rd row centre. What could be better??


I have to say that despite the awesome sound and music of the Beatles show, the astonishing technical design of Ka, and all the rest, there is a romance and a sadness to O that I found really captivating. By far my favourite Cirque show - and absolutely worth the 9 year wait!!!


It being Vegas, restraint is not an option or even a notion, so Traci and I saw Le Reve and Ka also - both superb shows, and really entertaining and exciting, but I loved O so much that nothing really could compare.


BUT - the item on the 30 Before 30 list was to see all 3 of these, and so it can be crossed off. Hurrah!

No comments: