Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seasonal Saturday - LAS VEGAS










Well, thanks to MLK Day, this is a long weekend. So - along with a substantial number of UCLA people - I'm heading to Las Vegas!

Observance of the seasons and delicate, nuanced haiku-esque awareness of the passage of time are all well and good, but this trip has been in the making since last summer. Indeed, it was supposed to be my birthday present!

[Happy Birthday to me. ]

Ironically, despite the glitz, awesomely manipulative architecture, 24-hour gambling and general extravagance, I'm thinking I'll spend much of the weekend with my nose in a new book. It's called 'Hidden Buddhas', and get this - it's by Liza Dalby, whose 'East Wind Melts The Ice' is the inspiration for Seasonal Saturdays on this blog!

Full circle. Om. Now for the slot machines....

No comments: